Skip To Main Content

Job Openings

Rothsay is conveniently located on I-94, forty miles southeast of Fargo-Moorhead.  Small classes, a growing school, and a youthful, energetic teachers & staff make our school a fantastic place to work.  


Substitute Teachers 

As many of you know, we are in dire need of substitute teachers for the upcoming year.  Perhaps some of you might be interested in helping us out as the only qualifications you would need are a bachelor's degree and fingerprints for a background check.  The beautiful part of being a substitute teacher in Rothsay is that you can work when you want to work, get paid $155, get a free lunch, and get to be around the best kids.  Following is how you can apply.  If you have any questions - please be sure to call me at 218-867-2116.  Thank you!


The following is required to be mailed for an initial three-year short-call substitute teaching license (not to exceed 15 consecutive days replacing the same classroom teacher).  

To apply and pay online for a three-year short-call substitute teaching license, please follow the below link.

1). Completed Minnesota fingerprint card. This can be requested through the online application.

Detailed instructions as well as a list of fingerprinting locations will be included with your mailed card.

2). Sealed official transcripts verifying a U.S. bachelor's degree (if degree was attained outside the U.S., an equivalent will be required via NACES approved evaluation report|

Regarding transcripts, please have the college/university send the official (sealed) transcripts directly to YOU. Upon receipt of the sealed official transcripts, you would include them (do NOT break seal) with the rest of your application materials for licensure.

If the college refuses to send the official sealed paper transcripts to you, that is fine. 

However, you will need to make sure to make a note within your application packet. The note will need to state that your transcripts were submitted separately. If a maiden name is listed on the transcripts, you will need to make sure to place your former name within the note.

Having said the above, you can request your transcripts be sent electronically from the college/university parchment service to

The transcript cannot be sent electronically (or printed) from you.

Upon receipt, PELSB will place the electronic transcripts within an envelope. Once your application packet arrives, we will attach the parchment transcripts to your received packet (even if it comes 2-3 weeks after the electronic transcripts are received). However, keep in mind to make note of a maiden name if that is applicable.

651-539-4201 |